Friday, June 13, 2008

Good Bye Costa Rica!


This is my last blog. I have enjoyed my stay in San Jose and all of visits around the country. Tomorrow I will be flying back to the US of A and although I am excited to go I will definately miss this place. I have made great friends on the trip. I have also done and seen many things that are not possible to see anywhere else.

I will miss the food. Above is the standard Costa Rican dish, rice, beans, chicken or meat, and fried plantains. This was a majority of my diet for this entire time. I am ready for a little more diversity back home. This is the type of cultural involvement that I am glad I took part in. This is one aspect that I believe that separates this program. You are really immersed into the culture here. Forced to learn another language, eat different food, expose yourself to different customs. Costa Rica is an amazing place.

I feel like we were truly involved in our trip. I am so glad that I decided to join this trip. the adventure aspect was exactly what I wanted. As opposed to the other programs we did not just look at museums and old castles, although that is still very cool, we were able to be a part of our experience. From white water rafting, to hiking in the jungle, to the canopy tours. The excitement never stopped. This is truly what separates this program and I am thankful that I was able to enjoy it.

Thanks to everyone who kept up with my blog. I was only able to give you a small portion of what my actual experience was about. I highly recommend if ever the opportunity arises come to Costa Rica you will not regret it.

PURA VIDA!!!

No comments: