Friday, June 13, 2008

My opinion of coffee in general

I am not a coffee drinker. I have tried it and it just does not appeal to me. I have had to drink it on the long nights during finals week, but other than that I shy away from the drink. I usually choose a sweeter drink for the caffeine aspect. I have also noticed that my host family does not drink a lot of coffee. They drink more tea than coffee. What makes people like coffee? I think people only like coffee for its caffeine, but then I wonder why there is such a thing as decaf. It does not make sense. Coffee, to me, seems very bitter. I guess it is an acquired taste, but I do not think anyone can say that coffee tastes very good.

Coffee also gives you bad breath. In elementary and high school, the worst part was going up to a teacher who drinks a lot of coffee. They would have the WORST coffee breath. I appreciate the fact that here in Costa Rica coffee is one of the largest and oldest agricultural providers, but I do not know how it can be so successful of a market. This might be a very biased stance towards the drink, so I apologize to those who disagree with me. I just would much rather drink a glass of orange juice or water.

As for Costa Rica, I have bought A LOT of coffee, only as gifts though. I have heard it has some of the best in world and so I too gave in to that market demand. Maybe some day I will enjoy a nice cup of joe but currently this is not my drink I will stick to orange juice.

No comments: